GCSE Results 2017
Glenalmond pupils celebrate excellent GCSE results and enter the Glenalmond history books!
Glenalmond pupils this week celebrated excellent results in their GCSE examinations. The key points to note from this year’s results are:
- The major headline figure is that the percentage of equivalent A* grades (28.5% in 2017 compared to 28.3% in 2011) is the highest in Glenalmond’s history.
- The percentage of A* to A grades is the second highest in Glenalmond’s history (54.5% in 2017 compared to 59.3% in 2011)
- The percentage of A* to B grades was also the best since 2011.
- Mathematics is the first GCSE to be reformed where the grades are 9-1 instead of A* to G and pleasingly the results have stood up very well to the more demanding syllabus.
- Twelve candidates achieved all A* or A grades with a further five candidates achieving five or more A* grades.
- One candidate scored 11 A* grades.
Congratulations to all our fifth form on their excellent results!