Opening of Goodacre's as a Girls House
Goodacre’s House, is our new girls' house in the very heart of the school and is the first in-quad girls’ house, giving girls the same choice of in-quad or out-of-quad house as the boys.
All three girls’ houses are fully vertical, with girls from Second Form through to Upper Sixth. This development of Goodacre's has enabled us to increase the number of girls at Glenalmond, to move closer to an equal number of boys and girls.
This exciting development in Glenalmond’s history was celebrated this weekend with an Official Opening and we were joined by our very first cohort of Goodacre's girls and their parents, our staff including the first Housemistress of Goodacres, Mrs Andrea Goodall.
We were also pleased to welcome Glenalmond alumni, Lord Menzies (1967-70) to officially 'open' Goodacre's, and his older brother Colin (1957-63), both of whom are Goodacre's gents. Lord Menzies spoke of his time at Glenalmond as a pupil of Goodacre's, then latterly as a parent and then took to the important task of cutting the cake!
It was a fantastic day and a pleasure to have the past, present and future of Goodacre's together under one roof, to celebrate this dynamic change for Glenalmond.
See more photos on our Flickr page