Tax Efficient Giving

Income Tax relief 

You can claim Income Tax relief and as a result lower your tax bill if you:

  • give land or buildings in the UK or qualifying shares to Glenalmond
  • sell these to Glenalmond at less than their market value
  • Qualifying shares include those listed on any stock exchange.


Capital Gains Tax relief 

Capital Gains Tax is a tax on the gain or profit you make when you sell or give away something that you own. You'll get relief from Capital Gains Tax when you:

  • give any asset to Glenalmond
  • sell any asset to Glenalmond for less than its market value


Tax Efficiency – Outside the UK

For US-based donors gifts can be made tax efficiently through the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF)